Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sonnet

So, My old Creative Writing Teacher made me write a poem because I was bored. And I figure, why not post it? I like posting things.

So here it is!

They dominate the Western lands
With all their fright'ning power
Emotions are cold, unclear and sour
As they hold us in their hands

And the beaches and sands
Morph into her dower
Never to be free of this frightening coward
Who fears to release our bands

But the people rebelled
Because when a person sees clear
He recalls all that he holds dear
He sees the black smoke, the waste, and the pain
As the companies continue their weld
And will fight them off for his own gain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I LOVE it! Note, though- the last paragraph doesn't exactly fit with the rest- as in it has an extra sentence, throwing off the beautiful flow of words a little.

    You're such an amazing writer, I'm surprised every time at how in depth you can get! I think I still imagine you as the little Victoria I hung out with when we were young sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete